View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #6
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Tinctures I've come to see are usually 1:1 THC/CBD or heavy on one side. While the strain they're pulled from isn't really important, the measurement of dosage size per drop is where things get a little weird. Most have a uniform measurement but those with added flavors are pretty high drop counts in a comparable dose. There is a '200% power' liquid available at the local dispensary that does the trick. I generally make cookies and put a M&M - or the Reese's equivalent on top if it's a peanut butter batch - and put a drop of the high-strength shit on it right when it comes out of the oven. I can make cookies where petit females are just enough effected that they've got a good body high but can operate a vehicle without any impaired effects [although I always treat this stuff like alcohol in my home so if you take something, you aren't going anywhere for a few hours - it's the responsible thing to do] or I could take out a 400lb. male that smokes every day before and after Taco Bell to where he's laying on the floor high out of his fucking mind unable to get up. I feel like I have it fairly dialed.

With that being said, it's all measurements. You really have to dose the butter correctly. I haven't made a million batches but I've noticed a pretty consistent outcome. For instance, if I'm making the day time batch, I know how much butter I'm using and I 'weed it' accordingly. If I want it weaker, I just use less. I'm still using the same amount of all the other ingredients, I'm just simply using less weight or less potency. You're going to cook some off regardless but if you have access to a strain or similar strains year round and get in the habit of knowing how much to use in what dessert, you're golden.

Take notes. Write down every batch's weight/potency/strain. If you make them and shit yourself, you know to dial it back. Once you get that sweet spot, save that card and that will give you the ideal everything.

But yes. I've fucked it up pretty bad the first couple of times. I made a batch of cookies that made 24 cookies at the end and used 7G of 32% THC flower, a full dropper load of 200% liquid and no idea on the strains and I really fucked myself up. I was like OD'ing on this shit. I know it's weird to say but I felt like I had been drinking for like 2 days straight and they found me in the closet of the Titanic. It was a fun ride for about 20 minutes. I gave the rest of the batch to my shopmates and told them to take a quarter. One brave soul took a full cookie and I'm pretty sure he's dead.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote