View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #12
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Weird, it works for me? Here?s a snippet...

? The stock gen2 Haldex on our cars is a reactive system with a 70/30 power split. The gen3 Haldex on the V8 XC90 (aka "Instant Traction") is a proactive system with a 60/40 power split, so the rear wheels are ready to go almost immediately like a real AWD vehicle. All first generation V8 XC90s and some 3.2L XC90s use the gen3 Haldex controller. Confirmed Haldex part numbers are: 5Wp33504-01, 5Wp22228-02, 5Wp33504-03, or 5Wp22228-04 Volvo part number is: 36001160 You will need to swap the DEM (differential electronic module), solenoid, and pressure sensor. It takes about 5 minutes and only 2 screws. It's a plug and play upgrade with no software required.?
Ah! That's pretty much the info I got from a Youtube video and I'm stoked to try this! The local pull-a-part just got 2 XC90 V8s in so I'm going to try to yank one to install on my V70R and see how it changes the car. Also, the torque limiter on these cars is a buzzkill, and I plan to have the removed from the ECU so that I get 16psi in first and second gear, as opposed to waiting till 3rd gear to get it
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote