Thread: nice watches
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 06:09 PM   #265
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
There are a few quartz worth owning- my daily beater is a Timex Q Reissue and I dig the Huckberry cola colorway as well. Plenty of visual depth and I prefer a smaller daily because they don't dig into my wrists when driving or doing superficial wrenching.

Cheap way into a good watch is a Chinese case, dial and hands, a genuine ETA 2824 or 2836 or Miyota 8215 or Seagull ST1812 depending on what you like, and a bracelet or band of your choosing. You could also go with a 6497 or a Seagull ST-36 manual movement.

You don't need much by way of tools to put a watch together and there are plenty of DIY writeups and videos online.

I had a Seventies Vostok Amphibia in a semi-rare colorway and I dug that stupid thing. It was like an AK47- roughly made by drunken Russians, but it worked well for its intended purpose.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote