View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #48
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Can you elaborate on the laws?

Depending on your skillset, you could try landing a job in the bay and have them relocate you out here, if the salary is favorable.
Mainly related to firearms.

In Tennessee:
  • There's no magazine capacity restriction
  • There's no ban on semi-automatic rifle, pistol, or shotgun "features" (Also known as the "Assault Weapon Characteristics")
  • No firearms banned by name
  • You can own Silencers, SBRs, SBSs, Machine Guns, Destructive Devices, or AOWs if you pay the $200 tax stamp and get approved *NFA Rules apply
  • There's no registration for handguns/ long guns
  • No background checks on private gun sales
  • Conceal Carry License is "Shall Issue" vs. California's "May Issue"
  • A person can have a loaded firearm in a lawfully possessed motor vehicle, or boat (if not prohibited from purchasing, or possessing a firearm).
  • I'm sure many more
Also, where I live there's no SMOG, or modified car laws.

As for jobs/ careers... I'd probably do a lot better out in California and there are some great roads around the bay area/ San Jose. I just wouldn't want California to be the "only" place I lived. Thus why I'd only move back if I had the means to afford a place there and "out of state".

Moving from the Los Angeles area to the Memphis area in my mid teens was definitely a pretty big bummer, but family and part of the above is why I haven't moved back. The biggest bummer, being that the closest mountain roads are either 4hrs to the west in AR, or 6hrs to the east (Tail of the Dragon area). At least there are some winding roads around here, though.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote