View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
You've neglected to provide a ton of info that anyone would need to begin to evaluate your tables but I'll wade in...

Your boost control table... no one is going to be able to help you with that. You need to go out and tune it in yourself because it's dependent on SO many variables. I would DRASTICALLY lower your values from 3500 RPM to redline in the 100 and 95 cells. Start more conservatively with somewhere around 10-15 and raise it little by little. You're going to hit boost cut as soon as it spools with that table IMO. I have no idea what a plotted compressor map for your engine/turbo/hotside combo looks like so I don't know where to begin rescaling it but you're wasting a lot of resolution here. you don't need 3 columns for 100%. Megasquirt extrapolates the values between cells. You're just sacraficing a column to nothing here. Need to know when your turbo hits peak boost on wastegate, then you can work off of that to add spool and shape your table.

Fuel table likewise depends on a lot of variables. we're not going to be able to help you with that much either in terms of values but as far as shape goes, right off the bat I don't like how your fuel VE table looks. If you're using auto-tune, that tells me you're only actually reaching just under 175 kPA which means a huge amount of wasted resolution. If that isn't partially tuned map it doesn't make sense to me then. There's no reason that your cells at 175 kpa 5800-6200 should be a higher value than the 200 kpa row above it. Fuel demand goes UP with higher flow, potentially stays the same into runover if you allocate a row for that but... not down. Not that much.

The ONLY thing you're really going to get help with is the ignition table... and I'd be VERY wary of advice given with that. I don't have experience tuning SRs or have one of my own so I'll stay out save to say I'd recommend rescaling it to align with psi-equivalent values so you can use a rule of thumb to flesh out a base map to start with (more on that in a sec) You're also wasting resolution going down to 10kPa. where does the engine idle at? with fat cams it's probably going to be closer to 40kPa-ish I'd wager.

My advice to you is this; Ask the forums for feedback on your base settings for the tune (required fuel, deadtimes for your injectors, dwell, idle, etc... ) In order to do that we need injector info and the base fuel pressure you're running at as well as coils and some other minor stuff. Build your ignition map off of rescaling a base map for an SR20 from here; http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/mspnp2_maps.php, extrapolate it to what your target is for boost and take 1-1.5 degrees out per psi at the 100 kPA row and above for starters.

Go to an experienced tuner or rent some dyno time and conservatively dial in the fuel ignition and boost duty tables because no two engines are going to be the same here.

I wouldn't advocate scaling the tables the way you did; I tend to align mine more in terms of psi since that makes more sense to me for ignition timing (taking out 1 - 1.5 degrees of timing per psi of boost to begin timing the ignition map for example.) For a street driven car I also use a 60:40 rule for 60% of the cells 100kpA and below and 40% or less above 100kPa. Most of your driving is going to be transient out of boost in a street car. WOT boosted is fairly linear and easier for MS to extrapolate. your more dynamic use in ignition and fuel is going to be below 100kPa so it's going to run smoother that way.

Here's a good link for helping you convert between kPa and Psia for maps;
https://forums.holley.com/showthread...SI-Equivalents.

and I'd edit your MAT air density table. I wrote a post about it in my build thread so I'm not going to retype it all but here (scroll to the bottom of that post)
https://forums.nicoclub.com/nukeks14....html#p6810091

best of luck.

Last edited by NukeKS14; 12-14-2020 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: link
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote