View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
Muh240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
Muh240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Engine dies after driving 25-35 miles

I’ve searched all over for answers pertaining to this problem, and I hope this is in the proper section to get help, but basically as the title says, my car will die and refuses to start acting as if it has a bad battery despite me just getting a brand new one a month ago.

Basically I bought a used two owner 1989 240sx two tone coupe that?s been in a family forever for a okay price, and it?s got minimal rust. The car had been sitting since 2018 after it had gotten about $7500 dollars in repairs of just general maintenance like new lines and new undercoat.
Well it ran fine up until early November when after I had done some tinkering with the radio and speakers and my buddy forgot to unplug the battery while I was working on the cars radio, one simple job. Basically I noticed after that the car ran fine for awhile radio worked great and suddenly it just died, so I attempted to start it without the radio and I got it running for a minute before it died and acted like it had a dead battery, so first things first was to replace the battery, which I did, and to no avail. I drove it 30ish miles before in decided to start stuttering like it had no fuel or power and died, I got a jump from someone and it cranked right over, only to die not more than a quarter of a mile down the street. So I dropped the battery on the charger and hoped it would run fine which it did, for 20ish miles before leaving me stranded once again. So I cleaned the IACV valve, MAF sensor, changed spark plugs (not part of the issues just wanted to) cleaned up the throttle body and put a new battery in again in case I had a faulty one, and still nothing ran for 20ish miles again and almost died until i mashed the gas and it acted like it wanted to die but it kept going, wouldn?t go over 5-7 miles an hour until I got it home and it?s been sitting since. I?m confused on what to do, and really want to get it up and running as I want to store it for the winter, but I?m having no luck deducing anything.

Thanks again for any suggestions if you guys can toss any my way
Muh240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links