View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #4389
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I think the new Senate needs to vote on DC statehood immediately. The House needs to vote on Puerto Rico statehood and pass it on to the Senate.

Ranked Choice and four more Democrats in the Senate kill the Republican Party on the national stage. From there the necessary reforms like redistricting, voting rights, citizens united, etc, are easy to move forward.
The easiest fix is also the hardest fix: term limits for Congress.

Much like lifetime appointments on the federal judiciary level, Congress can do whatever it wants because there are a handful of people in there that can stay as long as they want.

I never understood why judges in states have limits subject to elections, while federal appointees are lifetime. California for example allows judges to be appointed by the governor for 6 or 12 year terms, and they are subject to voter approval or rejection at the next general election when their term expires.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]