View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 06:13 AM   #1315
blankblank

Trader Rating: (0)
blankblank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post

But, yea, most of the newer cars with bigger brakes use a 17/16" MC. What we ended up liking the best as well. 17/16" Z32 MC's were used only up to 1991 IIRC. Every year after that was the 1".

It'll be difficult to match/offset the weight loss through suspension components. The front 2-piece is more than 6lbs lighter than the Z33 one piece. The rear is similar. Don't recall exactly what it is. I'll get check in a bit.
Anyone looking for the 17/16" master "HFM" makes one. They seem to be popular in Australia, can't comment on quality as I have not installed/used mine yet. Wish I could have gotten an OEM one but they have been discontinued for a while now.

I think the 2-piece setup is amazing value and the weight savings are huge. For me at least, the price difference isn't justifiable as I'm just not at a level to justify it all. TBH, even the calipers are overkill but long term cost savings and options on the consumables and not having 20 year old components is why I'm waiting.

Still find it amazing how these chassis still have the support and parts available to this day
blankblank is offline   Reply With Quote