View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #4233
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_S13 View Post
So to reference this, I've seen people referencing 17x9 +12 for our stock body cars for "ideal fitment".

Due to the lack of "off the shelf availability" are 17x9 +22 the "replacement" for this now since I don't see as many 17x9 +12 options available for the wheels I'm interested in.

If +22 is just as efficient (as referenced "not as aggressive") for stock body 240'sx, that would be great to know when wheel shopping.

Also, could the same argument be made for 17x9.5 +12 wheel sizes too?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

-Aaron
'91 240sx Coupe
Both are fine, both clear coils, brakes, etc.

I personally prefer 17x9 +12 and consider it more 'ideal', but I only ever run 215/45's or 225/40's on mine along with a good bit of camber (and a slight roll).

The guy asking for advice wanted to run very little camber and 245/40's, which is why I recommended the 17x9+22's.

+22 is only as efficient as +12 if you are not running spacers. For example, if I bought +22's, wasn't happy with the fitment and added 10mm spacers, I feel I should have bought the +12's instead.

So IMO, +22 is still for people who either want a minimum roll, minimum camber, maximum rubber, or don't care about running spacers. +12 is still ideal for everyone else.
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote