View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #179
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The conservative militias that act as paramilitary cells and riot anarchists have really been fucking things up for everyone. They warp the narrative by stealing the focus. The vast vast majority of gun owners are not about walking around in tactical gear trying to intimidate, just like protestors aren't trying to destroy their communities.
I agree here. Would you agree that condemning one movement due to these two parties you mentioned is also 'unfair' if you don't condemn the other? Not saying you specifically, just in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Outrage sells. The problem is the lasting effects of said outrage. It stops discourse from happening and puts us against one another instead of simply disagreeing.

Just look at the prior thread and this one. It is less of a "I agree to disagree" and more of a "fuck you, I am right".
There's a quote making the rounds on social media about black ants and red ants. When placed in a jar together. they don't attack. When someone shakes the jar, they go bonkers. The media is shaking the glass, and I still can't figure out 'to what end'...just dollars and cents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
It really comes down to the person taking in the media to do their due-diligence and cross reference several sources across the political spectrum if they really want to build a global understanding of a specific topic - but I think most do not. We enjoy the bias confirmation.
I don't know how old you are (I already sound preachy) but the two main dudes I was friends with in the military were my younger brother's age. They are good people at their core, but I always take the 'ol' peepaw' stance when I tell them they gotta stop blindly consuming 'news' from Twitter and Facebook. There's no need for confirmation, it's just easier to read and repeat than it is to research.