View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #84
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Car is officially ready for a tune, been sick and busy so I haven't touched it in a bit. After the first test drive I had a feeling that there was a pretty significant boost leak due to the idle not catching and the car stalling. Pulled out my trusty PVC cap/valve stem and pressurized the whole system. Found #4 injector was leaking pressure, I installed new seals when I put the rail back in, no idea why it was leaking. I applied pressure to the whole rail, bolted it back down and all is good. Car idles significantly better and doesn't try to stall on me anymore.

Took the car for another little drive and noticed the AFR's were dumb fat, 13.2 idle and 12.2 low rpm cruising. Seemed to be getting a bit warmer now, sitting around 89c on the PFC readout, but I can only assume that is from the fucky PFC base map. Hopefully I can get the car to a tuner this week!

Shitty ISR catback wasn't going to fit with a kit on the car so I chopped up the old axle back I had on the car and made it fit. Not the finest craftsmanship, but for now it gets the job done and I won't be burning the car to the ground melting fiberglass.

Finally addressed the Fineline front fenders today, these shits had some massive inner lips that needed trimming and the vents were rough. Covered myself in fiberglass getting them trimmed and cleaned up.

Panasports are all torn down finally as well, ready for a full refresh. The 17's are getting some parts swapped to make a proper front pair, seemed like and easy project until I started pulling them apart. I paid someone to clean these up a few years ago, what a mistake... Again silicone between faces and lips/barrels. Bolts were not torqued evenly, some were stupid tight, others were finger tight. Of the super tight bolts, one was cross threaded and tore apart the captured nut in the face. Faces were painted fully instead of leaving the mating surfaces raw which made it so the faces had to be hammered from the barrels. Overall quite the shit show, never trusting anyone with wheels again. Ordering all new hardware for these before I re-assemble and chasing all of the threads with a tap to clean out and silicone/shit stuck in them.

Hopefully the tune goes well and I can work toward getting the car all one color with a new kit that actually fits properly...