theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonmartian View Post
This is excellent. Love the progression and that color... amazing WOW
Thank you, really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Inb4partout?
I've decided to never sell shit again. It becomes expensive right after I sell it and I always want to buy it back immediately.

Little bit of an update though. I finally put some real mileage on the car over the weekend. I went with a group to Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee for my buddies engagement. I honestly didn't expect to make it out of Greensboro with the issues I had been having, but the car was super solid the 4 hours there and back. And more importantly, felt capable during the "spirited" driving Saturday/Sunday. I have a laundry list of things I want to address and a bit of a rejuvenated energy to do some stuff on the car. In the future, I wouldn't advise 7 degrees front camber, a dying clutch, or a welded diff but it held its own despite.

Pics:

Prior to heading down there, I spent a lot of time fixing obvious issues and cleaning the car.

Finally got around to wrapping the glove box and re-installing it. Neat project, super easy, little conflicted how I feel about Bride fabric with Thrash seats. Looks better than the glue covered original though.

Super bad boost leak from this split coupler. Also had a gnarly coolant leak a couple days before leaving but it seems to have just been a loosened worm clamp. Battery was prone to dying as well and one tire was leaking air heavily. My optimism for driving around 1000 miles was pretty low.

Had the car on a rack for the alignment. I tried to string align it in my driveway but it was pulling super hard afterwards. It still pulls a bit but it was manageable.

I had the bumper off for the alignment but managed to lose one fender extension. So somewhere in Greensboro it's likely smashed to bits but I cant find it. I bought a new one a couple days before the trip.

Abflugs wired up and "work"

Our cabin had a gravel, one lane road leading up to it which was anxiety inducing. The air lift was super helpful at first but quickly stopped working with a cut line.

Night driving was super fun too. Despite Abflug's neat look, the light output was absolutely shit. Next time, some removable lightbar or spotlight will be added. And some better bulbs and adjustment in the meantime.

The Killboy and 129 Photographers caught some neat moving shots. I havent sorted through them all yet tbh.

The plan now is continue on with a new exhaust, install the G-Grow, and get a proper gauge setup. Eventually install my ORC and sort out the front alignment which is its own can of worms. Extra wheels would also be nice.