View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 10:06 PM   #55
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDOG View Post
My own experience with Japanese Classics is that they do not answer questions in writing and ignore requests for hi-res photos. Happened to me twice now with them - last month and a number of years ago. So they have been consistent with me (consistently poor)! Both times I walked away. On the recent attempt, I sent a follow-up email requesting some additional info/pics immediately after talking to Ian on the phone, and received no reply.
Good information, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
'
This: Dude the older I get, yes...I am more concerned about the general state of the 'chassis community' I am a part of. I also get more and more fed up with shitty people that have proliferated when they should have never been allowed to get to where they are now. Alas, and for the thousandth time, he is not just posting about SChassis cars.

For the record, no one here should take this thread as the sole point of information. I listed the source, and his sources are direct customers. I'm not going to annotate every case, but the guy that runs that page is not doggedly going after just Japanese Classics because he gets stories from other sources as well. He is (was, after being threatened) trying to list all possibilities. In the case of JC, the customers confronting them are lied to and blocked even when asking simple questions.
Thank you for actually responding to what I said. Respect, and good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Why are you so eager to accept mediocrity?
Done talking to you I think. It's like talking to a brick wall that was built with the finest concrete available.

You're a collector, and you're failing to realize that these cars are great machines for certain motorsports that people enjoy. You need to realize that people actually DRIVE these cars. In your mind - Anyone that takes their car to a track or does ANY modification is turning it into a piece of shit, when in reality they're bettering their driving skill and enjoying their car. You're so detached from the reality of driving and enjoying the car you own. You need to realize that some people enjoy operating their machine as much as they enjoy looking at perfect pinch welds. The fact that it happens to be an old car that is going up in value doesn't erase the enjoyment people get from using them. OPEN YOUR MIND MAN. Most people would be stoked to own Economix's "piece of shit" because they could fix it in a weekend, and enjoy the car. The alternative is looking at their bent exhaust and worn subframe bushings and kicking rocks at their ruined car.

I realize you're going to glance over everything I just said to find a section that has nothing to do with what I'm saying, so don't bother responding unless you're going to entertain the fact that you're completely ignoring the fact that not everyone buying these cars is a collector...and JC is not advertising them as collector cars. You're sensationalizing things man, recognize it and deal with it.

I'm not advocating for JC, just trying to get some actual facts going if people are going to start a thread like this. Tired of people blindly taking people's words as absolute truth when there is zero context for some of these accusations. I'd be right along side you guys, but this thread is no grounds to come anywhere near a conclusion.

Last edited by bigs; 04-20-2021 at 10:55 PM..
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote