View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #54
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
i won't let the thread die, just been pretty busy lately. I have a few more saved up, and I'll try and make some more time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
A few observations and questions -

One, whats up with all the corrugated steal buildings? While cool, and I'd love to have one, they look very Soviet-Era / 3rd World.

Two, Japan looks very run down (outside the glitz areas). Is this a correct assessment? I get this feeling that there was tons of growth and expansion with all these "modern" buildings in the 80's and early 90's and then the economy collapsed and much of the country never recovered, renovated or continued to expand like it had 30 years ago.
I think what you're seeing, is the slow death of the car scene in Japan. A lot of these shops are starting to wind down, and the owners are getting older. I'm thinking/feeling that within the next 15 years the scene in Japan is going to look very different. Sure a lot of the larger shops will continue to grow and be there, but all the little shops that we all love are going to be gone.