Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #601
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I finally got my welder hooked up a couple weekends ago, but I didn’t have much time to mess with it. This past weekend I finally got some free time to mess with it. I had to source some consumables because none were included with the new torch kit. Fortunately, Keen is 2mins away and has most of the stuff in stock. I just picked up a cheap kit as I spent the coin on a Furick cup kit for better shielding on the SS material. I hope that shows up this week. So I got to work tacking up some downpipe, as I wanted to make some changes to the Full-Race DP.

I also picked up a cheap cart to turn into a welding cart. While I don’t really need to move my welder around, it is nice to have that luxury. I cut the center shelf welds and flipped it to have a flat surface to mount the welder to. I had to raise it up a few inches so I could slide the torch cooler on the bottom shelf. I have under $100 into this currently, but it is super functional. I just need to add the tank mount on the backside and it’ll be all contained on this piece.

Obviously, I cannot mock up and fit anything without having an engine in the bay. I had a damaged block and I picked up a damaged VE head for fitment and fabrication purposes. I slapped my JK trans on the back side for good measure and viola, a test fitment/fabrication fixture. It also gives me an idea of where the CBF shifter placement is, which is perfect. The hole to the driver’s side rear is from the previous Z32 transmission setup. The VC cut is doing it backwards. Allegedly, the S14/15 VC’s fit the new head setup, but it is not ideal around the spark plug holes. I intend to meld the front section of the 14/15 VC and the P11 VC for a P11.4 or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Last edited by jr_ss; 08-11-2021 at 04:58 AM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links