View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
Picole278
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Picole278 is making a name for him/her selfPicole278 is making a name for him/her self
I know this thread is extremely old but I just spent all day trying to find the answer. I am responding so future generations won't have to spend so much time on this haha. I have confirmed that kouki s14 produced after 04/97 have a different spindle type that does NOT require a washer. The nut acts as a washer/nut combo. I called a few places and found out the dealership actually has different part numbers for kouki spindles vs zenki spindles. This was crosschecked by finding a NOS spindle for sale with the matching kouki part number, which does not have a flat notch for the washer.

In my situation, the car must have been 5 lug swapped and whoever did it threw in the spacer thinking it was necessary even though there is no flat notch and fitment is horrible. I cannot think of one reason why a washer is necessary on the kouki spindle type. The nut is completely flat, and more evenly makes contact with the bearing, not to mention it threads on alot more without the washer, to answer singlesamslam's dilemma
Picole278 is offline   Reply With Quote