View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 01:24 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
this is great!will a rich mix make you need to run plugs gap tighter?im running pig rich under boost mid 10 afr and had to run a 0.25" gap or it would sputter under boost.this is a fresh setup and only ran like this for a mile or so right after install as we have to start somewhere.im using the afpr to lean it out some will this allow me to widen the gap you think.the 0.25" makes idle kinda ruff and would like to run closer to 0.28"-0.30" if i can.

my fuel pressure is set at stock but martin recomends i turn down pressure 3 psi do you think i can safely lean out the afr from mid 10s to high 11s with turning down fuel pressure alone?
its a basic setup of redtop with 2871r/550cc/walbro 255lph/enthalpy ecu/z32 maf and using tomei type s afpr and plan on running 15 psi.

another question.im running 12-13 psi and will turn up boost to 15-16psi after afr looks better.normally increasing boost will help lean the afr but because were using a 1:1 ratio afpr will increasing the boost keep the afr around the same you think?
You don't want to be in 10's a/f ratio at all
You can lean out using AFPR some but try to keep fuel pressure base more than 35psi minimum

I recommend a SAFC to dial in the a/f ratio better, when using rom tune
or get a Power FC and tune it properly

=Follow the a/f ratios I posted
=use the gaps I posted
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote