View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 10:46 PM   #6
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
So this is a new manifold design you are proposing for manufacture, or is it something you have an in on that are already being made and you're trying to throw your hat into the ring for a few dollars?
Edit: so its basically the DMax manifold, or it is the DMax manifold without brand markup?

Either way, I am in the market for a manifold and am interested if I can get a clip of what a car sounds like using it and it sounds sweet.
Won't be able to get sound clips, the DMAX S15 probably runs this setup.

It won't be 100% the same as the DMAX manifold but all I will say is that it is the same factory, same jig, same materials, except generic boxing.

Not a new design, just something that is already made and the factory is willing to sell as a generic white label product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I'm interested. Since I'm lazy, can you provide any links to any interesting threads?
Curious to see power gains just by changing the manifold or with minor supporting mods.
Not really, but the same factory makes both Tomei manifolds (for FRS/BRZ/86) as well as the "generic" version:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81839

I'm mostly trying to see if there's enough interest for me to even try. It's a $50k+ commitment for me for 200 pcs, and I am almost better off buying $50k of Bitcoin and waiting out the current uncertainty than buying this product.

But we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
they address the weld cracks from the other tubular manifolds?
Not sure what other manifolds you refer to but they offer a 1 year warranty against defects, so the same warranty I will extend to everyone else.

Or I can charge $1500 each and offer a lifetime warranty and replace it out of pocket. Something like that.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote