View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #14
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
California's on a timeline to eliminate ICE cars. Everything's got neutered electric steering. The first FR-S/BRZ wasn't nearly as good to drive as a refreshed S-chassis, in my opinion.
I would say it's way better to drive (comparing my modified but NA BRZ vs the current turbo KA in my driveway) in terms of a complete street car. Modified for track or drift, that's entirely different.

Elimination of ICE isn't a California-only problem, it's the entire world. Manufacturers are moving towards what sells, and the market will move towards vehicles utilizing renewables whether it's slow movement via automakers or fast movement via legislation. Whether we like it or not, the ICE has reached peak efficiency and there really isn't any more we can get out of a traditional engine that hasn't already been done (in terms of power, fuel efficiency, design, etc).

Electric power steering is one of those things that was created in pursuit of overall vehicle efficiency. The market is changing, the products have to evolve to reflect consumer preferences.

Quote:
Our appreciation doesn't outweigh an early retirement, though.
Eh, no one saw the pandemic coming and my investment in parts procurement predated that by about 6 months. Just bad timing.

In an ideal world I could've started this process 12 months early, got the first shipment or two going, then take proceeds and park it for profit in investments. Or I could've parked $50k in AMC last summer.

Whatever. I'm not a fortune teller.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote