View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 06:57 PM   #194
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Figured i could take the opportunity to get the car out of the garage and blow it out and blow the rest of the dust off the car.

I pulled the car back in and started with putting the fenders back on so I could fix any small details before they go on permanently and not tweaked.

started on the front/rear bumper taking off the wrap and sanding them down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to do something with other parts of the car that are a little touch of my eye for detail and make look extra since it has overs but not CRAZY wide overs. I decided on making the OEM spoiler a little longer, but not too long or an eyesore hanging off the back.

Started with a piece of foil-backed foamboard insulation, drilled some small holes in the spoiler and put some pins in that protrude into the foamboard and give a little support. i sanded the spoiler down past paint/primer. after that I used masking tape to hold the foamboard to the spoiler and slightly shape the edges and curves to blend it all back together.

After laying the fiberglass layers i let it cure outside each time. Benson came to check it out for QC.

After Fiberglass/resin, I used fiberglass filler to build up a little bit for rough shaping then regular filler for final shape and glaze finish before primer, with a shitload of DA and Block sanding in between...

In the middle of working on the car, we had the opportunity to get the driveway paved and didn't blink when they wanted to come..

They cut the ramps off the garage at my request, so there was little to no transition into the garage from the asphalt.

After sanding the rest of the aero I made sure all the panels were lining up good for when its re-assembled after painting..

there was a couple things that i touched up like the corner light area.

finally put some epoxy primer on to see it more or less one color again is a relief !! plus all the bare metal is sealed now too...

On the back of the rear spats, i glassed in little nubs that fit into hole i drilled into the body instead of rivets showing, these will help hold the piece against the body with the double sided tape as well. Maybe overkill but what ever...

I also fixed up the end of the front lip so it has a nice endcap look too it as well...

After all the aero pieces were good I shot everything with 2 coats of high build primer..

after the primer, sand down with 400 grit.

THEN...

FINALLY....

Mask it off for first color of BASE COAT!!!

463 --- Dark Grey Metallic....

Spent the rest of the night taking off the masking and re-masking for the other color.

LH1 --- PURPLISH SILVER METALLIC

....... Continued ..........
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote