View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #265
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
So uhhhhh

Spent the last year trying to diagnose wtf the issue was with the SR and just kept chasing issues. Checked literally everything anyone could think of. At this point I'm pretty sure all the probing, prodding, and creative problem solving fucked something up with the ECU. Rather than continue dumping money into an engine that was supposed to only be temporary, I sold it to my shop mate - who ended up running into the same issue, which at least lets me know that the issue shouldn't plague the next engine that goes into the coupe lol

Celebrated 10 years of Gold Start in November which was cool (idk why the resolution of this photo is so shit)

The shop mate who I sold the SR to was gonna scrap his single cam, but I decided I could easily just throw it in the two tone I pulled the thrashed single cam out of 2 years ago. A couple weeks ago I started working on the coupe. I did some bay cleaning and rust prevention in the bay and then threw the single cam in. Hoping to eventually put a k24 in this coupe as well, so whenever that happens I'll beautify the bay, but for now primer will do the trick.

Finally having a use for these TE's inspired me to clean them up a bit.

While prepping to pain them, I discovered I could remove the paint without fucking up the "og bronze" finish. The first one came out perfect aside from some mild curb rash. The second one, however, explained why they had been painted. Big repair on the lip and one spoke had been ground down (but not cracked thankfully). Decided to just leave it that way for now. Would rather have 1 fucked up looking wheel than to paint 3 decent condition wheels. (the good wheel pictured below)

I finished doing stance coils, spl ruca and toe rods, new moog flca's and tie rods, and 5lug and brakes this last weekend and played dress up with the spare aero I had laying around. Kinda like the hotload/uras gt/??? valance combo tbh

I may have to fuck around and get a sexy style front and skirts and lower it for old times sake though...

Also, I finally ordered everything I needed to do the k swap in the other coupe. Just playing the waiting game now.