View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 02:58 PM   #267
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Nice, I contemplated doing this and bought a 7 thousand dollar road bicycle instead lol.
I feel it. If I hadn't bought a mountain bike last year I'd probably be driving around with the k swap already haha

I decided I couldn't stand to drive this thing around all mismatched until I can do body work, so I got a few cans of color matched paint and got to work

Started running out of paint and the paint store was closed so I ended up spraying everything super thin. Not sure what looks worse, thinly sprayed and tiger stripped paint or mismatched body panels, but whatever. I'll probably add another coat or two whenever I get it streetable.

I went to the track, but I forgot my bummper bracket at home so I had to jimmy rig it

It drove surprisingly well for stock angle, single cam, and no alignment until it started randomly cutting out. Got a couple mediocre runs in despite it though.

https://i.imgur.com/A9kuzZQ.mp4

I chased the cutting out issue throughout the morning, but I couldn't pinpoint it after trying a number of things. It just seemed like the coolant temp sensor was going bad or something was grounding out or a connector was loose or maf or tps or all of the above (my bet). I decided to cut the day short and figure it out back at home, where I forgot all my spare parts -__-

Back at home, the first order of business was giving this poor car its first wash in probably about 7-8 years. Looking forward to getting this thing tidied up a bit more and reliable enough to drive to and from events so I can lower it from uhaul trailer-friendly height lol