View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 07:47 PM   #8
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Man, its been a hot minute

man so I haven?t updated this thing in a long time even prior to zilvia going down for that long length of time. I still have the car and not much has changed but I?ll try and pick up where I left off.

At this point, I had quit my job at belle tire as one of the lead alignment techs there where I enjoyed helping my friends who drifted with alignments and tire needs. I want to say it was around almost 6 years coming to a close. I was switching to go work for a Chevy dealership as a tech with 3 other guys who previously worked for belle tire aswell. Right before I started me and my family took a week to visit my cousin in San Diego.

Then, I came back and started the new job and continued working on the s13.
I noticed the car was running fine but smoking. Not excessively but more then I would have liked. Under load and off throttle really quick. So I thought maybe rings but compression test checked out good. I believe it was 140-145 across the board which isn?t unheard of on a old motor. I cared that they were all really even. So then, I thought valve seals.

So I pulled the head and replaced them. Same thing slightly less tho. Had the fresh head I spun the bearing in so I cleaned it and then grabbed a felpro and some arp?s. Same deal. I said whatever and just drove it home. Got home, car sounded like a Subaru and I figured out it was a pitched injector o-ring. Just bought all new injectors and carefully seated them using lube on the seals. I also got sick of the crusty wiring harness issues so I just went ahead and got a wiring specialties harness which was just the stock replacement nothing fancy. It did however use the 3 pin o2 sensor that s14s used I believe. So I found a nut with the thread pitch of the o2 and welded it to my header. Probably not that necessary but oh well.

Car finally felt solid no more smoking and 4.9 rips! Potentially updating more later tonight or tomorrow haha
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote