View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 01:35 AM   #118
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Not trying to be a dick, but were you ever in the military? Or in Japan?

You'd be surprised and sickened at the way veterans out here prey on young base dudes' wallets. They come here, marry a Japanese person, then they stay here while reaping the benefits of having base access and ripping people off.

Don't get me wrong, it's a testament to how stupid our fucking Navy is...but the fact that these cats aren't barred from base blows my mind.

There is a local seller in Yokosuka that has a 'dealership' called West Club. I looked at a BL0 R32 when I first came to Japan. Seemed nice, and I wanted to buy it but my car friends helped me dodge that bullet. Anyway, the owner's name is Lonnie and there is QUITE LITERALLY a Facebook page called 'I Got Screwed Over By Lonnie' and the guy STILL manages to sell cars to unsuspecting people.

Go Navy.
I fortunately got lucky buying from West Club. I bought my FD in May of 2021 and discovered the facebook page and all the hate shot his way about 4 months AFTER I purchased from him. I'm probably one of the few lucky ones and what saved me was going down there in person to look over the car for about 2 hours, test driving, crawling underneath it, and knowing exactly what was good/bad with it. I do wish I hadn't been so quick to purchase, but with still keeping an eye on the FD market, I can say that I got exactly the FD I wanted, at a price point I was comfortable with, and there's probably no way I could buy the same FD today for the same price.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote