View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #4
na6miata

Trader Rating: (0)
na6miata is an unknown quantity at this point
4 year later update

Well, quite a lot has changed since I had the first hatch and at a point financially and skill wise that I am able to do a much better job. I've continuously had an S chassis since I had my first one in 2018 and I am happy with the two that I currently have.

My 1993 Silvia

And my most recent acquisition, my 1991 hatch

Let's start with the Silvia. I bought this car in January of 2020 completely stock and then almost immediately started ruining it.

Upon getting it home I put in a Bride Zeta III seat with bride rails, definitely my favorite seat rails for these cars. Sits low and very good quality.

5 lug swap, Z32 front brakes, and knuckles, Sikky sway bar, and tension rods

(Ignore that one tension rod was installed and the other one wasn't, was mid install when I took the picture)

Now, since the car was NA when I bought it I had a few things to do to prep it for boost. The first was the clutch and ECU. I wired in a old Haltech Sprint 500 I had laying around and then did an Exedy hyper single clutch kit, which I can't say enough good things about this clutch. The engagement and driveability is fantastic and has replacement parts easily available. For any sub 400whp SR this is the clutch to go with

The car ended up making 142whp on the dyno with just a catback and a stock intake and tune on 93 octane in its naturally aspirated form, which was plenty to have fun with.

Rubbed through the harness on more than one occasion

Sold my caged coupe

More updates to follow in a later post when I am able to have the time to write out a bit more

Last edited by na6miata; 05-05-2022 at 07:40 AM..
na6miata is offline   Reply With Quote