View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #657
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Anyone in here who purchased a home in the past two years have any regrets or advise?
I'm still hunting for a house as a first time buyer, but beyond the specs of the house [ 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2000+ above grade square footage + basement, 0.50 acre min, 2 car garage ] what else should I keep an eye out for?
I have a big excel file full of requirements [ no easements, minimum distance between neighboring houses, school districts, ambient noise levels, etc ]. I'm looking for some dad level advice.
I purchased in October and regret nothing. I got the house for under asking and my interest rate is BEAUTIFUL.
I have room for my stuff and enough yard for my buddies to run to their heart's content.

I don't know where you live but in my area of NC, the property you just described will START at about $350k, but will assuredly be in a great neighborhood, but will be further from the middle of the city than I am comfortable with personally. You want something like that closer to the middle of the city and it'll be closer to 450-500ish.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote