View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 08:31 AM   #22
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
And yet EVs get a pass despite requiring strip mining third world countries for highly toxic materials, processing them in highly toxic off shore plants then charging them with coal burned furnaces that transmit power over a grid that loses up to 80% of the power generated.

All of those while helping enrich the despots of the world.

E85 is a win-win since we net produce more corn then needed and it subsidizes farming without actually having to just cut them checks to stop growing or destroying crops.

It would be great if we just took all the High-Fructose Corn Syrup out of the food industry and burned it as fuel.

Yes... The 5,000 E85 tuned STI's are such a huge environmental impact we need to crush an entire industry for it. The 10 largest container ships in the world pollute more then all the cars in the world combined. I'm sure legalizing pot has more carbon emissions then all the Subarus in the US.
Shhhhh.

When you try to talk to people about emissions and the environment and explain how cars today from most 1st world countries cause far less harm than boat and plane travel (LOL - billionaires love the planes though you know) they kind of lock up.

This isn't directed at AKA in particular at all, just as a general sense. No critical thinking among 99% of the people that just blindly screech about cars and emissions.

Also, Corbic - we don't always agree, but good call on subsidizing the farm industry. Actually a point I never thought about. I am no E85 guy, but that is an interesting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
On the way home from dropping the 5th grader off at school here in central NC, I saw a squatted Ram with two troopers on him and chuckled as I continued on my journey.
Fuck those guys
I mean, I agree in part I don't like that "scene", BUT be careful about supporting the slippery slope of cracking down on modified cars of any spectrum. It will all end up affecting every facet of car modification. The slippery slope of laws, historically through almost every society is a pretty clear indicator of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It also impacts anyone wanting to run Flex-Fuel, E85 and the GTR boys wanting to flip over to speed density.

None of those features would cause a car to no longer meet emissions - in the sense of actually passing an actual pipe-test.

That's the problem with this EPA over-reach. It literally has nothing to do with air-quality and everything to do with just "DO AS I SAY!"

They have no data to support a E85 Tuned STI is causing more pollution then a stock STI on 91. They have no information showing Speed-Density is releasing more emissions then MAF.
As I alluded to in the beginning of this post. People just blindly follow their political religion (yes, for most people politics has become a religion today) and do what their political party locks steps about. Same BS for stuff like EV. It's all "end pollution" and "the environment"... meanwhile, plastic is a petroleum based product, batteries are mega pollutants, the energy grid is certainly not capable of this, etc. But nobody actually questions the ideas.

Sigh.

Oh well.