View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 01:20 PM   #13966
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
..and it would have way costed more. Then you guys would have bitched about it costing $70k.
Why would it have cost $70k *eyerolls*. A God damn Mid-Engine Corvette with a DCT doesn't even start at $70k.

Quote:
The car doesnt look that bad
. This is a reflection on you. The car looks awful and anyone with an eye for details, design work snd proportions will see it.

Quote:
and there will be more than enough options to change the exterior.
Cool, so I get to spend $50k and then have to drop another $20k in body kits and wheels.

Quote:
If you want sub 3000lbs then go buy a GR86..they are the same price as a loaded 240sx SE 25 years ago, but with infinitely better performance out of the box.
Except the FRS has a trashcan tier engine. KA24 was at least reliable, boost-able and had a cheap direct replacement readily available.

Quote:
Yeah the Supra would have been cooler if it wasnt a BMW, but I'm starting to look at it for what it is: a solid platform with a solid engine that is worthy of being a 2J successor. The car kicks ass not only in a straight line, but is very formidable on the circuit..all while being cheaper than the original at $80k in todays dollars.
Funny how little old BMW is able to design a killer engine, chassis and car up all on their own. Funny how GM, like the third or 4th largest auto maker is able to build a Mid-Engine, DCT super car for $60k, but Toyota who is the 2nd largest automaker can only go and put their badge on a BMW and call it good.

I don't care they outsourced the engine or the trans or suspension work... I care that they did so soooo fucking lazily that they left the 5x120 (or whatever) fucking hubs and wheel bolts on the damn car. It doesn't even have fucking back seats.

Why couldn't they just take their TT V6, one of their Lexus chassis, trim some fat and luxury, grab a MT82 or TR6060 and call it a Supra?

Quote:
"Oh but the car is not as innovative like the original" we are approaching the pinnacle of ICE and chassis technology and things dont need to be reinvented just to be phased out in 10 years or less by fully electric options. Thats just the reality and I'm just glad we can still get affordable ICE cars with great performance and 3 pedals
It's not even Japanese. There was a gulf of difference in design approach from Golden Era Japanese cars and their domestic and European rivals. That's gone. The lastest schleps in charge over there are asleep at the wheel and just phoning this shit in.

To lazy to solve wind buffering, offer an off the shelf manual option, nor considerate enough to car about wheel fitment and bolt patterns. They are going through the motions instead of ending passionate and chassis perfection.

These are not the same people that came up with the EF and EG Civics the Celica All-Trac, R32 GTR, 300ZX TT, NSX, etc. This is the soleless Disney Sequels trying to stand on the shoulders of greatness and cash in.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote