View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 01:28 PM   #41
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
Random thought, I may be old, but why does a lot of people have side gigs? I don't want to spend my time to work more after work. I just make sure my career pays enough so I dont need a side gig.
Not always about making ends-meet. I'd say a majority of the folks are working more towards building a foundation of their own business that they can transition to full time. That's how it is for me at least. My 9-5 pays more than enough to sustain our lifestyle and hobbies but I don't necessarily want to do it for the next 30 years either.

While I make about 2/3 my salary doing this ~15hr/wk. I could probably make up that final bit and beyond by fully focusing on it but there are other factors keeping me from doing it like keeping the jobs rolling in, ensuring we have at least one stable revenue stream, health insurance, etc etc. Yes, I'm burning the candle at both ends, sometimes 18-20hr days, maintaining a functional family life and its freaking exhausting.

Ask a business owner, successful entrepreneur, or any financially independent individual how they did it and most of them grinded that shit out until they made it.