View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 04:11 PM   #20
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
how come you dont recommend this idea of safc2 as a tuner? would you recommend another option say map conversion or running ssqbov to metal intake? so far i think ill try the metal intake with my turbosmart bov and see how that goes,and maybe add another resonator to my exhaust and try to get the exhaust as quiet as possable which will make turbo sounds more obvious.

who makes a quiet 3 inch inlet exhaust tip?
I don't recommend piggyback units like the SAFC for tuning since there is not direct timing control. They're fine for small adjustments, but they can be dangerous in the wrong hands and don't stack up well against more modern tuning solutions.

A SAFC2 is perfect for your situation though. The decel air settings are separate from the tuning functions in the unit so you could install one in tandem with your enthalpy ecu and just use the decel air settings to run an atmospheric BOV without having to "tune" anything. It also has a few other useful functions/gauges that are fun to play with, I just recommend leaving the fuel tables alone.

A map conversion would require a standalone ecu which isn't worth the expense if all your looking to do is to run an atmospheric BOV without stalling. An SAFC will get you there for the least amount of money.

Last edited by Rustys14; 01-27-2023 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote