View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 04:24 PM   #299
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
So, I vastly underestimated how long it'd take me to finish up this swap. The amount of fittings, tubes, hoses, brackets, and cable management science required has sucked up an unbelievable amount of time. It's like every time I go to the shop 8 hours vaporize and I end up with frustratingly little to show for it. This is why I enjoy bodywork so much more than tinkering with motors and shit. I feel so much more productive when I can see where the work has gone haha

So far I have:
? Reshaped the fuel hard lines so they'll hopefully be far enough from the header
? Plumbed fuel system and FPR
? Plumbed heater
? Plumbed and mounted swirl pot and coolant overflow
? Wired e-fans
? Plumbed radiator
? Cleaned, painted, and installed brake booster
? Cleaned and installed BMC
? Cleaned and installed CMC
? Plumbed clutch line (GK Tech rhd braided clutch line worked perfect)
? Partially plumbed catch can (Waiting on the can itself)
? Air intake set up
? Shifter mounted
? Wiring harness mocked up

Currently... I need to somehow keep the harness away from the header without making it look dumb.

I kinda wanna chop the shifter a bit shorter and make it so I can run normal shift knobs. Reason #542 why I need a lathe.
The small details never seem apparent, but they surely take the longest to complete/execute.

Is it possible to extend the harness down, below the header or possibly to the intake side to run with the injectors? You have options, unfortunately, they are likely to include delooming and extending wires.

Looks good thus far.