Thread: F1 2022 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 08:21 AM   #64
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
You guys are trippin. The midfield was a flurry of activity. The Mag/Lec battle was exciting (and Max overtaking both of them into turn 1). Lewis clawing his way from 13th to 6th was cool to see as well. Just because the front is stagnant doesn't mean it's boring. Hell, even Baku was thrilling with the lap-after-lap wall-skimming and the RB's pushing each other faster and faster.

Compared to the previous regs, where staying in the wake of a car ahead longer than 2 laps meant certain death, these races seem to have been action-packed. Or maybe I'm just being an optimist...

Everyone was saying "big changes coming at Baku" and now it's "big changes coming at Imola." We'll see if that lack of wind tunnel time ever ends up having an impact on RBR. Seems like they're too far ahead to catch without the FIA's intervention tbh. If the cost cap wasn't an issue there's no doubt Ferrari and Mercedes would be on par.

I agree it was filled with midfield activity, Although it is enjoyable, Cars are starting to feel like the last generation.. From what George said they have been running the engine at a lower power map, Toto saying upgrades are coming but from what I read they are and its gonna be a different floor, front geometry of the suspension bits is going to be tweaked, and the rear floor mid wing Drs thing that Redbull has they apparently figured it out? Alpine just did a massive update rear suspension, brand new floor, etc and brought it this weekend and look where that landed them.

As Merc did early 2014-2016 I think the bulls are sandbagging hard...the bull is that much faster than everyone but speed traps this weekend, Stroll 351kph, Max 350kph I think Hamilton was up there at 348KPH from what I remember.. But something seems off or unless they are lift and coasting a ridiculous amount.. the pace is unmatchable...
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote