View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 02:37 PM   #718
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Why are you always looking at the upper management guy's plate without looking at the cost to get there? At minimum a 4yr degree from college with college debt, missing out on social events to study for exams during that time period, and they will probably STILL tell you they think college is a racket, too. The difference is they played the game so the don't have to live in squalor.
My comments are really less about the c-suite being paid too much and more about the rest of the employees being paid too little. Trickle-down economics don't work - a thriving middle class does. The founding fathers knew this and built America around the middle-class, in an effort to prevent great economic inequality, which always results in violence and revolution. When the middle class can no longer afford housing, healthcare, and higher education, America is fucked. And it seems we're rapidly approaching that point...

For the record, I have my BS, own my own business, and am comfortably middle-class. I'm not looking at anyone else's plate and wishing I had more. If I want more, I can get more, but not spending 1/3 of my life staring at a screen is far more appealing, and allows me to be highly productive for the hours I do spend working. I just think my situation should be the norm (not the exception), and if it were, we'd see less burnout, depression, homelessness, violence, drug usage, and fewer people asking for handouts.