View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 08:54 PM   #723
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

1. It's expensive to move. Likely need to rent a truck, need a security deposit, first month's rent, new job already lined up, gas to drive to the new place.

If you're living paycheck to paycheck, how are you going to come up with $3200 plus rental fees plus at least $100 in fuel plus potentially taking a day off for an interview?

2. Why should a degree in the arts limit one to $80k/yr? Every day we see professional photography and videography, we visit museums to see paintings, we see design work on the cars we love. People love haute couture, watching movies, and reading books. Those are all arts degrees.
1. That's like, one possibility out of many. My brother just moved his whole life from CA to UT and he'd be the first to tell you he doesn't make much. If he can do it, well I'd imagine a lot more people can.

2. ...because not everyone is good at it. Not everyone can make videos, paint masterpieces, or write epic books. I'd offer this: why even get a degree when you can get on YouTube or IG and net a decent supplemental income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Not only because it's the humane thing to do (it's 2023 after all), but because it makes social and economic sense.
This is a blade that cuts both ways: it's the socially sensible thing to live a life that won't burden others to have to pick up your slack.

The funny thing is that me from high school would've been up-in-arms with you against current me. Funny how life works out.