Thread: F1 2022 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #72
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I was in Monaco in '19 right before the Formula E race and saw the circuit all blocked off and... I just don't know where they'd get more passing without modifying a very tight city.
If the cars weren't the width of the street, that'd be a start! I think they'd need to extend the circuit. They've reached the point where sticking with tradition is limiting the future.

Quote:
Agreed that Aston's pace was off, but I think they showed how tight the team is. Stroll did a great job proving wrong the people who say he always has a string of bad races after a bad race.
Yeah, Stroll's pace was surprising. Apparently Alonso felt like he was down a couple tenths due to damage from going off track in Q1, which makes a lot of sense. I guess we'll get to see if that was the case in Canada.

Quote:
Logan Sargeant doing America's Dong proud. Really peak Fort Lauderdale.
Classic Florida! Having watched all of F2 last season, I expected him to do better. Not the first time successful F2 drivers has failed to meet expectations in F1 though.