View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 01:52 AM   #19
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
A couple years ago when I first started V8'ing literally everything, a true LS1 was around $1,100 fully dressed and a 5.3/5.7/6.0 from a truck was under $500 all day long. Prices haven't swung too much in the North East yet but after you've taken that initial investment of a swap kit and all that, how do you beat tossing in junkyard motors for a couple hundred when they pop rather than trying to source/repair a SR for ten times that just to make less power and it be less reliable? The mindset is what I'm trying to understand.
While you have a good point from an outright performance per dollar point of view, I think it's fair to say that from that perspective owning an S-chassis is not a reasonable thing anymore to begin with. There's much better chassis out there for considerably less money, and some of them already come with a V8.

With the value of these cars soaring and now reaching collector status, it makes sense to me that people want to build their cars true to the original formula.