View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 06:38 AM   #85
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
While you have a good point from an outright performance per dollar point of view, I think it's fair to say that from that perspective owning an S-chassis is not a reasonable thing anymore to begin with. There's much better chassis out there for considerably less money, and some of them already come with a V8.

With the value of these cars soaring and now reaching collector status, it makes sense to me that people want to build their cars true to the original formula.
I don?t think there is any truth to the value of S-chassis? soaring. They saw a bit of a bump during the pandemic but that was an anomaly.

The only documented sales we have are on auction sites like BaT where they rarely exceed $15k for the cleanest of clean examples.

Be it engine prices or entire car prices, people see these asking prices and conflate them with what the sale price is or its true market value.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote