View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 02:32 PM   #89
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
As respectfully I can say it; it's easy to say "I'd spend xyz on an S13 if I had the money", It's an extremely rare instance that people actually would.

If you told me a few years ago how much I was going to spend on my S14 over a 2 year period, I would have just bought something like an M3/M4 instead.
My S13 has been a part of my life since 2004. It hasn't moved under its own power in eight years. It's still one of my favorite things that I own and I spent more on it over the 11 years I drove it than I have any other vehicle I've owned, including my modern truck.

I've spent the last several years really thinking about what I want in life. I bought an S13 for a commercial a few years back and it reminded me about how much I enjoyed my car daily. I ended up selling that car because it was going to be way, way too expensive to build into something decent but it reminded me how good the base car is and how much I like the S-chassis in terms of an overall experience.

Every day, I'm able to jump in a Porsche built between 1955 and 2022. I get that experience through work. But I don't have the smells of the car I bought in 2004 and turned into a track car by 2008. I don't have the ergonomics, the little things like the operation of the stalks and the way the doors used to close. I can't put those Porsches on the wheels I loved when I was 20 and still love. Those Porsches weren't on the cover of Doriten and Battle and Option. I wasn't downloading videos of Porsches on KaZaa.

So I'm going to buy an S-chassis and either get the early 911 I own drivable or I'm going to buy a project Elan or Lancia Fulvia. That way I get my vintage car scratch itched and my S-chassis build base bought.

Eventually, I'll be putting an SR in my time attack build. It's not going to make enough power and it's going to be expensive as hell to get where I need it to be, but it's going to make the noises I remember and it's going to finally check the "owned an S-chassis with an SR" box.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote