View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 07:30 AM   #47
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
didn't end up getting the carrier bearing replaced - i knew i'd need the tools you guys suggested, just didn't have the time to get them before doing this:

a 66-mile trip to gfs house! she was a little hesitant about the idea, but it went great. no temp issues. actually, nothing to report at all. proud of myself and my dumb KA. the ride had plenty of miles-long uphills on highways, which were no issue. although her parents watched me pull into the driveway scraping the shit out of my fender.

the carrier bearing, although it looked incredibly off center, didn't seem to cause any vibration - it was just my flex joint (although i should replace the bearing). feels like a whole new car.

66 miles is, i guess, as good of a test as i'm willing to do. today i need to do the same trip back home.

long-term, these are the 3 rust areas i need to address (besides powdercoating rear subframe). anyone aware if the shock towers are hard to cut out? and no, i'm not gonna tub this chassis lol

vert owners seem to agree this area sucks, although removing that trim piece is easy.