View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 06:45 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
1. For teaching kids about different races, religions, cultures, and genders? (y/n)

I'm not sure what setting you're talking about. Are we talking about a school setting or just in general? For example, instead of going to math, going to Woke 101? I want my kids to know how to shit in a toilet but I don't expect someone else to do it. I don't send my kids to school to learn anything other than the curriculum which is your standard studies and subjects. The school want to add an elective class that isn't forced and a child can decide to take it or an after school group? Sure. I am perfectly okay with that. However, if you mean FORCING someone into having their kids learning about all this shit, no. We weren't forcing kids to learn about homosexuality a decade ago in school or during the 'free spirit' era, why now? Because all the acronyms got together to make a super acronym with math symbols and punctuation included now? Nah. Pass. The shit is forming into a cult.

2. For indoctrinating kids and forcing them one way or another on any topic?

See above, no.

3. For exposing kids to the realities of the world (when age appropriate) so they can make their own decisions?

Kids are growing up in a technological age larger and more inviting than ever before. Kids are literally being introduced to tablets and the internet as newborns. If you think we truly make the decision on what kids are exposed to and when, you're na?ve. Although, if I somehow raised the most honest child on Earth, then yes. I'd be okay with having a talk about with my child explaining to them about how and I their mother [I'm straight, sorry boys] are understandings parent who doesn't care what they like or what they classify as - we just want them to be happy and safe and they are always welcome to come talk to us about anything - no matter how they think we will react. This is basic parenting, I'd like to think.

4. For sheltering kids and pretending things like slavery, homosexuality, and genocide never existed?
Seeing as this stuff is already being taught in history classes [slavery and genocide], I don't that that portion of the question is relevant. It's obviously no, I'd like my kids to understand what this world went through yada yada. However, the issue I have is how you sneakily decided to include homosexuality - something that isn't a historical moment - in with this. Homosexuality exists and now more than ever it's pretty obvious. It isn't a taboo or something people hide. It's just two [or more people depending on your kink] loving each other. Homosexuality isn't something that's going to make it's way into the history books in between things like the Salem Witch Trials, the slave trade and Martin Luther King Jr., or the Holocaust. So I'm split on this one.

5. For letting teachers/school districts decide what is age-appropriate for kids to learn about?

Schools who employee teachers are public workers UNLESS they are privatized schools in which I could give a shit less what they teach because parents specifically seek these places out and pay tuition. In the public school setting, no. The school doesn't decide alone. It is generally a federal or at least state standardized curriculum. When a teacher applies - I'll keep using my wife as an example because it's relevant - they are to read said curriculum and if they choose not to teach that or don't agree with that, they are encouraged not to apply. Going Wild West and teaching whatever the fuck you want is how you get your license pulled. It's like a doctor just deciding what they're going to give you to treat something. Is that what you want? People who don't give a shit what the rules are do their own thing because in their mind, it's appropriate?

You ask some good questions but also ask some real stupid shit. So I partially agree, partially do not. Make your judgement but I encourage you to keep it private because I don't really care regardless.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote