View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 07:36 PM   #23882
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
In my own personal '93 KA I replaced all the vacuum hoses with bulk PCV hose. Despite all the hoses being tight and no vac leaks I've had a persistent issue with a high idle that appears only as my car rolls to a complete stop; it'll sit rock solid at 750 if I coast with the clutch in and then right as the car rolls to a stop it jumps to almost 1000rpm before settling back out. And the reason is, now I think, this thing, because that's right when it transitions from EVAP/EGR open to closed.
Funny you mention that, because I had identical symptoms which is why I'm re-doing all my vacuum lines.

I did also discover my IACV was missing a bolt on top of being completely black inside, so that probably was the main culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I don't think the orientation matters, just the orifice size.

I'll have to raid my junk bin to see if I tossed this vacuum line. If you can, do me a favor and see what size drill bit just fits through the orifice. I'll have to make a new one out of a brass or nylon screw or something. Looks like about 1-1.5mm or somewhere in the 3/64-1/16" range.
The smallest bit I have is 1/16", and it doesn't quite fit through the orifice.

If it's relevant, the opening originally is 5/64", then tapers to the <1/16"