View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 09:10 PM   #85
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
^ speaking of which, follow my next story here guys....(and if you have expertise fitting bumpers i would love your advice)....

i cut back the bumper vents by about an inch, with a dremel, fan, vacuum and proper breathing protection etc. it was a very straightforward job. this midsection looks crooked but it ain't. generally, i've never touched an Schassis or done ANY bodywork myself before this, so...

i'll probably smooth the edges out before i wrap it.

and now we have:

which fits on the car like this:

as predicted, the vents were the issue, and now I can adjust this like I want.

BUT, what do i cut here?

obviously i need to cut the flange off, and double-sided tape this to the fenders. but then the erebuni "vent" will be half blocked by the fender. do i cut the bottom of the fender? cut the vent shape out of the fender? please and thanks in advance

whatever i do, i plan to drill mounting holes through the usual locations to the right of the side marker.

i did drill out some brackets to mount the upper part of the bumper, thanks home depot

oh i also switched back to black wheels on the other car. i am a member of the ANTI fender gap and ANTI rubber band tire club (rules don't apply to the 240).

AND FINALLY, i need to get easy access to the fender liners at some point so I can test-mount the skirts. i have the clips, i have the files, i have the drill, and i bought the wrap material yesterday.