View Single Post
Old 11-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #23919
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermogod View Post
is it generally accepted that all KA24DE aftermarket headers will hit the steering column? i have a set of no-name headers on mine that currently sit directly on the column. finally found someone selling ISR headers and he took a hammer to them to avoid the column. i google it and find out that plenty of others have clearance issues. pacesetter, OBX, ISR, whatever it is... what is the alternate option?

i guess i shouldn't mind taking a hammer to it if it's an N/A motor that doesn't really care about flow restriction anyways...
I have a no-name header that fits, it's very close but no interaction. Mine is similar to ISR or OBX, just an "ebay" stainless 4-2-1. 4-2-1s usually have better clearance, that's why 4-1s usually have that extra joint in the bellhousing area, otherwise you wouldn't even have enough room to install them.

That said I think under the right conditions letting out the clutch something on mine juuuust kisses the floorpan or firewall. It's not much but just enough that I feel a tingle in my left foot. And that only started after I replaced my sagging transmission mount with a fresh OEM-style one from Enjuku.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote