View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 12:31 PM   #128
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Haven't updated this in a while, life getting busy and the car is taking a back seat.

I guess we'll start under the car, I found the perfect spot to mount the charcoal canister, fits like it was meant to be here with the custom bracket and hoses.

Also got a custom steel driveshaft made locally after DriveshaftShop wanted over $700 to make a custom one that's maybe 1" longer than an OEM S14 shaft.

Finished up the trunk pop button and license plate lights, quick little print and some wiring.

Then moved on to wrapping the downpipes and installing the clutch line, another custom bracket and custom bent hardline.

Fabbed up some bracketry for this fuse box.

Also got around to learning how to TIG aluminum, after a couple practice beads I decided to go ahead and try on the piping and this was the result, very happy with how they turned out.

And with the intakes in I could make the brackets to hold the filters in place, more custom brackets. These will get some fiberglass/printed splash guards / airbox thing at some point before it gets driven.

Now we get to move on to the fun stuff, I'm using the Q50 door latches and newer style strikers, so more metal work to adapt the cable latches to the old rod style handles.

Finished up the door wiring as well, had to de-pin both harnesses and feed the wires through the original boots one by one.

And while I was wiring I mounted the BCU & IPDM permanently, more custom printed brackets. IPDM snaps in and also holds 2 relays on the back.

Now for my favorite part, I'll leave you with this.
I got the touchless door handles working, after I had to de-pot the OEM sensors and encase them in epoxy in the handle, only minor work to the handles to get them to fit.
Also fit the lights in, works amazing. Still need to find a place for the lock button though.

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote