View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 04:37 PM   #10
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Meh.

"Built By Legends" is already do that using pedigreed industry experts and brand names.

For $350k I'd expect a SS Garage Active GTR build or a 912 build by Kanmanufaktur.

https://www.instagram.com/kammanufak...Y0M2ZqZXdqcA==

https://www.instagram.com/active4488...52a3FzdGMxOGpu

SS Garage basically strips a GTR to shell and reskins it in a super wide OEM appearing carbon body, roof and all. Power train is a RB28, single turbo, holinger 6spd, air suspension and 20" 3pc wheels. It's a GTR on steroids and the body work is stunning. The body kit is $30k, completed cars are $300-$350k.

You should know about Kanmanufaktur by now. Building long nose 912's into fantastic enjoyable cars. All modern electronics and suspension, custom designed carbon fiber tub and body, built Type-4 engine to 200hp, built 5spd. Absolutely stunning and an actual "drivers car" unlike a $1.5M Singer. Started at $270k, now up to $350k due to demand and the ever increasingly retardation of the Air-cooled market.

Personally I wish someone would build new Porsche bodies for $25-30k so enthusiast could get back to building and driving them. Just rock hot Type-1s or EJ20X/EZ36 engines and 6-rib transmissions
With due respect, Kamm cars are not well-regarded by the potential buyers I've talked to. Their first (and possibly continuing) customer cars were too stiff for good, non-Continental roads and I've driven cars with hot Type 4s... they're not nearly as engaging as a six-cylinder. They're well-built but not in the same league as any modern Singer.

The Type 4 doesn't make the same noise, it doesn't have the same character. Both it and any Subaru engine aren't going to deliver the quality of overall experience. I have zero interest in any 912 with either, and at that price level, I'm not interested in anything non-Mezger.

I've never heard of a 6-rib swap into a 911 or 912 before, probably because it's not a subjectively good transaxle. Why ruin these cars with an economy van transaxle?

Trust me, I get being priced out of the market for the cars you love, but cheapening the experience makes it worse.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote