View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 01:49 PM   #3
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Note that the above asshole added a spam link to the quote, so beware the "uno online."

Now that I've actually watched the video, I've realized how much fun it is to see the differences in how the Germans, Italians, and Japanese built their cars in the '60s and '70s. Different fasteners, different lock washers, different methods of attachment. Obviously so much similar, but variations of the same. I'm a fucking geek when it comes to hardware, so I got my jollies from this video.

Also seeing his Hazet, Knipex, and Celette tools, tools I've only seen in the old guys' boxes or that I've bought for my own box since I get a discount for Hazet parts through one of my suppliers. Would've thought he'd have bought some Vessel JIS screwdrivers for a restoration like this.

I'm on his third video showing the body work. We leave the wrinkles and tears caused by production stamping because concours judges want to see them, but they are unsightly.

Spotweld drill bits are a thing. They get spendy but all that drilling without them makes me sad.

Strange choice of some tools.

Once the rust in the rocker was shown to be more serious, I would have contacted my client, let them know the rockers need to come off to evaluate the extent of the rust, and go from there. You can see seam rust that's not being addressed and that will only grow with time. Where do you stop, though? Every joint that was a water collection point will have rust extant.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 03-05-2024 at 01:44 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote