View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 04:41 AM   #1
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
S14 Nismo R-tune Coilovers

Just had a random curiosity on these. They look like a nice set, very typical coilover design.

Anyone have detailed specs on these? Searches on zilvia.net only yielded the S-tune non-height adjustable type. These are R-tune.

Courtesy Nissan link:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Category_Code=

they give no specs. how do they compare to a basic coilover set? from a random yahoo search, blu808 mentions they compare to Apex N1 but with the convenience of quick rebuild at a Nissan dealership.

nismo.co.jp does not help (they only have a parts catalog).

Any additional info on this coilover set would be great. thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: info and opinions will appear below as I continue research

Part Numbers for Different Nismo Suspension (i.e. S-Tune, R-tune)

240SX 1995-1998, 5300R-RS546-US
* recommended for track use only, fully adjustable

240SX 1989-1994, 5300S-RSS30-US
* performance street suspension

240SX 1995-1998, 5300S-RSS40-US
* performance street suspension

Best price so far:

http://www.thenissanpartsstore.com/P...sp?prodCatId=9

Specs

From Japanparts.com,

Height & Damping force(Front=4, Rear=8) adjustable
Adjustable Pillow Upper Mount is installed on the Front Strut
Front: Spring Rate=78.5mm(8.0kgf/mm), Adjustable Range ±20
Rear: Spring Rate=68.7mm(7.0kgf/mm)/9.8mm(1.0kgf/mm), Adjustable Range ±20

Owner Opinions

From Joey @Courtesy Nissan:

"Two guys here including myself run them. In my opinion they are smooth and a great value for the price. I ran JIC and Zeal B2s before them. The Nismo's responded the best on and off the track. Girlfriend still does not like the ride quality but you cant satisfy everyone. They dampen 4 way up front and 8 in the back. Kit utlilizes a small screwdriver(snap on brand) for front dampening adjustments, the rear has a huge knob on it...Hope this helps most of the information we have on these is in Japanese thats why our information is limited."

"They are not inverted. Spring rates are not printed any where that I can find. They have helper springs in the rear but not in the front."

Brian @ NICO who owns a set:

"There not harsh on the street at all, I mean they can be if you stiffen them out, I got mine setup for everyday driving, but there still very stiff, but dont take bumps bad at all. Example of how stiff these are, sometimes when I pull into driveways at an angle, the back wheel will lift off the ground, haha! But everyone that rides in my car compliments how nice it rides!"

(he needs a rebuild but comments that no dealership will help him)

"I havent been able to rebuild them though, noone will touvh them, and my nissan dealer, said nismo doesnt rebuild them, but i read somewhere they do, i dunno, im pretty fed up right ow, I need them rebuilt, well at least one of them! But other than that, they are awesome and id recomend them to anyone!"

Last edited by TurDz; 06-09-2005 at 05:19 PM..
TurDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links