View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTicTac
Do you agree with me or just wanting to prove a point you don't fully understand? The boxes I am talking about from MSD and Crane are controlled capacitive discharge units, that needs the original igntion system in place. I have never seen anybody use just a CDI box alone to start a car.
For speaking so bluntly, you sure are wrong here.
CDI is capacitive discharge ignition [system]. The ignition box itself stores power and releases it during the ignition cycles.
This box is a capacitor, designed to keep the voltage steady in the car's electrical system (in theory). There is a massive difference between a full-on ignition system that has capacitors in it, and a capacitor in the box attached to the grounding system.
-Jeff