Thread: ASpec Products
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
The Hamsterball
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
The Hamsterball is making a name for him/her selfThe Hamsterball is making a name for him/her self
ASPECproducts.com LOGAN

My personal experience with Aspec:

I've dealt with Aspecproduct Salesman Logan, and the company itself.
Story time..
I first met Logan when I crashed my S13 on a mountain run and posted for parts to replace my front left suspension. All I needed were Tension rods, a crossmember (yikes), and a control arm.

He picked out some stock tension rods from his personal collection and sold me them for $20. Not bad.

He then offered me a deal on some Tension rods, with Tie rods, as a discounted package. I didn't have the money at the time and told him I'd be interested in a set of Tie rods/ends later on.

So I bought some S13 Kazama Tie rod ends and S14 Tein Inner Tie rods from him a few weeks ago. AND he delivered them over to me since we both live in the same area. That was good service considering he was OFF from work and probably had better things to do anyways.

The tie rod ends and inner tie rods were not compatible with each other.
I immediately called logan up and he explained after some thought that they did not work because TEIN designed their tie rods to work only with TEIN tie rod ends. So I was out of luck because of this issue.

He then spent 2 days researching and calling TEIN and other places up to check for what I can do for my S13.
After 2 days of researching, he called me up, came over to my house AGAIN, and EXCHANGED my S13 Tie Rod Ends from Kazama for some S14 kazama ends without any difficulties.
(It turns out that the S14/S14 Tein/KAZAMA combo works for S13's, but not Kazama S13 mated to Tein S14/13. it was confusing but he found out haha)

Also, when I called ASpec at their location in the first place to get a hold of logan, their staff answered pretty briefly and transferred me over to his extension without any problems. When I couldn't get a hold of him when his line was busy, they transferred me over to a different salesman to answer a question. (That's pretty good, nothing like a huge credit card company, but pretty damn good for a business like them)

So yeah, I had a pretty good experience with them for this transaction.
And I can definitely vouch for Logan, since he went out of his way to finish the transaction.

The end.