View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 PM   #71
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperoni
Yoshi,
Woah, lots of issues going on here. I'll try to address them all, although I never received a PM from you regarding these problems.

I did state in the original first post that these are all custom made, done by only pictures. I do my best from what I can with pictures provided by the buyer. You're right, everyone's set up is different and I can only do so much with 2D images. I do have to say though, I did only test these intakes on cars that had K&N/regular cone filters, no extensions or anything, just MAFS and filter, so yours was a bit different.

From the intakes sold, no one else has actually brought to my attention that they've had such a troublesome experience as you have, possibly because of what i mentioned earlier^^

I dont know what that thing sticking out by the turbo inlet is; i've never seen that before.

I *may* hold off on continuing to make the custom recirc. bungs if there are a significant number of complaints. As of now, I still plan on doing them, but we'll see how things go. Although i do have to say, locals have had much better luck because I actually get to measure everything out myself.

Since it is a solid intake piece, it's very hard to move it around to your liking. The most you can do is basically rotate it. I am having a hell of a time trying to get the bungs in certain positions, but for the most part (at least so far) most buyers have been happy with the outcome.

I'm very sorry it didn't work perfectly for you. Like I said, I did mention in the first post that these are all estimated and I warned everyone. But, that doesn't mean I don't care. If you'd like to discuss it, send me a PM.

To anyone else, if you're worried about the fitment issues Yoshi had, I'd just suggest getting the intake without the recirc. bung.
Aure,
Don't take this the wrong way man. I wrote a review just based on my experience. I never eMailed or PMed you about any of it, cuz it just wasn't worth it. It's a low cost mod IMO, hardly worth bickering about. I knew what you were doing (customization/guestimation wise) beforehand, so don't think the review was bashing you in any way, in fact, the opposite, it was a good effort. I tried to be very fair, and show that, or I wouldn't have given it a "B". I think that's a good grade myself. In the end it worked out, it's was just a longer journey from point A to point B than either of us thought, that's all my review was saying.